Tuesday, 22 April 2014

My 5 Bourjois Must-Haves

I thought I would share with you all my 5 +BourjoisUK Must-Haves as they are now my favourite High-Street beauty brand, and I think they are underrated! 


5. Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher

This is my favourite blusher! It costs £7.99 from Superdrug and I have the Rose Mandarine 39 shade.

Reasons I love using this:
*  It smells like roses - divine!!
*  It has a cute teeny mirror & brush inside! (great for nights out!)
*  It isn't too shimmery.  Personally, I don't really like my blusher standing out and looking shimmery and glittery so this is perfect for me.
* It blends on top of my Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder seemlessly.


4. Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer

I have recently been converted to this concealer, after previously using the Collection Lasting perfection one.  I think this costs about £7.99 in Superdrug, but you can get student discount with the NUS card.

Reasons I love using this:
*  It lasts all day!
* It is  fairly liquidy so does not make my skin look dehydrated (which, unfortunately, the Collection one did).
*  The angled tip allows for smoother and precise application in harder to reach areas, such as the darker pigmentation underneath my eyes.
* I use the 51 - Light Radiance shade and it is a perfect match for my light skin. :)

3. Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Compact Powder

Okay so this the product which actually converted me to Bourjois! It costs £8.99 from Boots (at the time it was on a "buy 2 things from Bourjois over £12 and receive a free Bourjois Liquid Eyeliner - so that was a bonus!).  I have  this in 52 - Vanille :)

Reasons I love using this:
*  According to the packaging the product is meant to last up to 10 hours, but I applied my makeup at half 10 this morning and it is now 10 past 10 in the evening and I still don't look shiny! However this may just be due to my skin type :)
*  IT SMELLS AMAZING!!!!! :)
* It hasn't ever cracked which happened to my Philosophy face powder that I used to use.
* It comes with a compact mirror.  This is perfect if you want to go out for the day but you worry you might start to look a bit shiny - just pop this powder & a brush in your hand-bag you're good to go :)
* It makes your skin feel soft and light as it doesn't clog my pores up.



2. Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover: Hands and Feet

So recently I won this in a Bourjois Twitter competition and I will never use another nail varnish remover ever again! This is the newest addition to Bourjois' 1 Second Nail Varnish Remover range :) look out for it in shops soon!

Reasons I love using this:
*  It claims to take one second to remove the nail varnish from one nail - and it actually does only take one second! So fast.
*  NO COTTON WOOL! I hate removing nail varnish using cotton wool - it just gets all over the cotton pad and ends up staining the skin surrounding the nail, with the colour of the nail varnish you just removed, argh!  You just dip and twist your finger in the pot and off it comes!
*  This remover actually has an in-built sponge in the lid which makes it so incredibly easy to remove the nail varnish from your toes too!




1. Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation

The Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation costs £10.99 from Boots (really good value for money seeing how good it is!).  This foundation acts upon three target areas: 1. anti-dark circles, 2. anti-dull complexion 3. anti-redness - to balance your complexion for up to 16 hours. (Recently I have swapped my usual Mac Studio-Fix foundation to this, and I used to swear by my Mac foundation - but now I am converted).

Reasons I love using this:
*  It targets all three areas that it claims to! I do suffer from redness in my T-Zone and this foundation effectively disguises this.  Also, my complexion seems brighter too. I've found that all darkness around my eyes have vanished but I do use a combination of this foundation on top of the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer.
* This is a liquid concealer but it feels so much lighter and less cakey than my Mac one.  
* It lasts as long as it says it does.
* This foundation is great at hiding pores too!
* Definitely makes my complexion look even and balanced!
* The pump allows for easy application and does not allow for spillage (like the Mac one) or pouring out too much (again, like the Mac one!).


So there you have my top 5 Bourjois must-haves :) I'd love to hear your thoughts on Bourjois too!  Are you a fan? Would you have a different top 5 Bourjois, and are there any other products you'd recommend?  Or do you prefer a completely different high-street beauty brand? Let me know in the comments!

Thank you for reading!
Love Amy :) xx