Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Review of Congham Hall Spa

4th of January 2014
So as  a surprise present, my dad organised a spa day for me, my sister (+Rachael Lily) and my mum :) to have some R & R before returning to uni.  We went to Congham Hall, in Norfolk on Saturday the 4th of January, here is my review :)
 
So we arrived at half past 1, and were ushered straight into the dining room to have our included lunch!
 
To drink I chose to have Apple Juice, as it was one of the included options, yet it was gorgeous!
 
Included were 2 courses :) So I chose to have the Smoked Salmon with beetroot, lemon and caper, to start (which I managed to sneak a picture of!), and the "Seared Chicken Breast", which came with a fondant potato, carrot purée, curly kale and red wine jus.
 
 
 

 
The food was so gorgeous, and beautifully presented, however my only criticism is the atmosphere in the dining room was a little bland and quiet..
 
Then we walked across the courtyard to the Spa, and we sorted out our massage booking, and shown to our lockers.  The lockers provided you with a robe, slippers and towel, so obviously thought this was the most appropriate time to take a selfie!
 

 
 
 
After this we made our way to the pool, and basically had it to ourselves apart from 2 other people! So this was good, I felt completely relaxed and at ease..  By the pool I read "NW" by Zadie Smith, and listened to my iPod for hours..
 

 
 

At the spa there was;
- an outdoor hot-tub (!! it was lovely but not very bubbly)
- a foot bubble bed thing
- 2 saunas, themed showers (these were really cool, LED lights that changed, sound effects, and differring water pressures)
- and a steam room (I couldn't cope in there! I felt like I just couldn't breathe!)
 
 
 
 

After relaxing for a couple of hours, one of the staff came and told us that it was time for our massages (mum chose to have a facial instead).  I had a lady called Hannah, and she was so lovely and chatty! We went into the room called "Rosemary" and there she offered for me to smell and choose my massage oil.., there were quite a few options and I can't remember all of them, but I chose "Metal" (which was said to help improve circulation) and my sister chose "Earth" (which was said to help destress you), I remember that I couldn't decide between "Fire" and Metal, as Fire was said to help uplift and revitalise you, but I preferred the scent of Metal.
I told Hannah that I had had neck-ache that morning and so she focused on that and my shoulders. It was really relaxing and 45 minutes long! which was excellent!  Afterwards we got given our "Welcome Drink" and were told to relax in a sort of relaxation room. It was lovely, I felt so happy and content! The customer service was excellent too :) 
 
 
Overall Rating: 9/10.
Amazing! I'd love to go again sometime soon :)